Yonam Engineering College (aka the Yonam Institute of Digital Technology) is a private technical college located in the city of Jinju in South Korea’s South Gyeongsang Province. It offers courses in computer electronics, hardware design, industrial information design, and other related fields. Within South Korea, the institute maintains a sisterhood relationship with Cheonan Yonam College, an agricultural college in the country’s South Chungcheong Province. Both of these schools were established by the LG Yonam Educational Foundation, which was created by the LG Corporation with the aim of promoting the country’s modernization. LG is currently the country’s 4th-largest chaebol (after Samsung, Hyundai, and SK), meaning it is one of a handful of large (“too big to fail”) South Korean industrial conglomerates that are run and controlled by a single person or family.
Internationally, it also has relations with seven more schools, including:
- Canberra Institute of Technology in Australia
- Changchun Institute of Technology in China
- Fachhochschule Augsburg in Germany
- Nippon Bunri University in Japan
- Northumbria University in the U.K.
- St. John’s and St. Mary’s Institute of Technology in Taiwan
- Laguardia Community College in the U.S.
- Taught ESL: 2000-2001