A public poll conducted by The American Institute of Architects (AIA) and Harris Interactive was used to compile a list of “America’s Favorite Architecture” comprising 150 works. These include a wide variety of buildings and structures, such as:
- government and corporate office buildings, airports and other transportation hubs, sports stadiums, bridges, hotels, spas, casinos, art and science museums, private residences, libraries, places of worship, performance venues, university architecture, monuments, and memorials.
The Top 10 are as follows, with the remainder to follow in future posts:
- Empire State Building – New York City, NY
- The White House – Washington, D.C.
- Washington National Cathedral – Washington, D.C.
- Thomas Jefferson Memorial – Washington D.C.
- Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco, CA
- U.S. Capitol – Washington, D.C.
- Lincoln Memorial – Washington, D.C.
- Biltmore Estate – Asheville, NC
- Chrysler Building – New York City, NY
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial – Washington, D.C.
- Do you agree with the choices?
- How about the ranking of the choices?
- What would your “Top 10 List” include? Have you been to all 10 of your choices?